How to Install the Firebase CLI and configure your Firebase project
- Installing Firebase CLI:
- To install Firebase CLI, you can use the following command:
npm install -g firebase-tools
- To check if Firebase CLI is installed correctly, you can run the following command:
- Configuring your Firebase project:
- To configure your Firebase project, you will first need to create a new project in the Firebase console (https://console.firebase.google.com/).
- Once you have created your Firebase project, you can run the following command to log in to Firebase using the Firebase CLI:
- Next, navigate to the root directory of your Vue.js project and run the following command to initialize Firebase in your project:
- This command will prompt you to select the Firebase features you want to use in your project. Select
Hosting, or any other features you need.
- You will also need to select your Firebase project from the list of projects associated with your account.
- Once the initialization process is complete, you will find a
firebase.jsonfile and a
.firebasercfile in the root directory of your project.
- Now you can use Firebase CLI commands to interact with your Firebase project.
Note: You will also need to configure your Firestore security rules and create a service account to use Firestore in your Vue.js project. You can find more information on this in the Firebase documentation.