WordPress White Screen of Death (WSOD) – Common Causes and Solutions
A white screen of death (WSOD) is a common issue in WordPress. Here are some common causes and solutions:
- Plugin conflict: Deactivate all plugins and activate them one by one to determine which plugin is causing the problem.
- Theme conflict: Switch to a default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty-One to see if the issue is with your theme.
- Exhausted memory limit: Increase the memory limit in your wp-config.php file by adding
- Corrupted .htaccess file: Regenerate the .htaccess file by logging into your website using an FTP client and navigating to the root folder.
- Broken database: Use the WP-CLI command
wp db checkto check for database issues and
wp db repairto repair them.
- Outdated PHP version: Check the required PHP version for your WordPress version and update if necessary.
If none of these solutions work, try contacting your hosting provider for further assistance.